what is it?
Koudevoeten is a small application which streams (MJPEG stream) the video stream of any video4linux device via it's build-in webserver.
MJPEG streams can be viewed with most webbrowsers (apart from internet explorer, of course).
This program requires the 'libpng12-dev' package to be installed.
- improved raspberry pi native camera support:
- workaround for exposure bug in video4linux driver
- support for receiving jpeg encoded frames from camera encoded by gpu (this dramatically reduces the CPU load)
- now only sends a new frame/image when streaming MJPEG/MPNG when the source (camera) delivers a new frame (no longer faking frames), this reduces network traffic
- still image in jpeg format
- mpng streaming format
- optimized YUYV converter (for speed)
- work around for MJPEG streaming with Google Chrome v29
Raspberr Pi users: this program requires the IPv6 kernel module installed. It does NOT require working IPv6 though!
sudo modprobe ipv6
...before starting koudevoeten.
To make this persistant, enter:
echo ipv6 >> /etc/modules
...and reboot (or combine it with the modprobe line above).