Patch against libmicrohttpd to allow it to bind to a specific interface.
This patch makes check_ssh and check_procs emit 'performance data' as well. Usefull in company with pnp4nagios.
Patch for axlisten (ax25-apps v0.0.6) so that axlisten won't occasionally exit with an 'interrupted' error.
This patch lets mysqlard open and close the database for each iteration. That way you don't need to restart it whenever mysql is restarted.
Patch against open3600 to make it work on fast systems as well by replacing a busy-loop with a nanosleep systemcall.
- mvdsv patches
Enhancements for the QuakeWorld server.
Patch against OpenSSH 5.1p1 adding a '-z pid_file' switch which makes it write its pid to a file. This is usefull when using the openssh '-f' flag which daemonizes the ssh-process.
Patch against sysrqd v9: fixed password-entry check (original version would allow e.g. 'tester' when the password was 'test'), fixed a potential busy-loop, now locks itself into memory (to prevent from being swapped out), now sets its priority to maximum (in case the system has a runaway process).
Patch to make ppsldisc (Linux PPS patch) behave like a more UNIX-like daemon (forks itself into the background and writes pid to a file).
Patch against NUT (Network UPS Tools) to support Konig CMP650 UPSes.
Tools/patches for Wine (the windows-emulator for Unix).
- aud-0.0.0.patch.gz Patch against audio-entropyd-0.0.0 Since that version, Udo van den Heuvel and I almost completely rewrote audio-entropyd. You can find the latest version here (the original writer doesn't maintain it anymore)
- vttest-lin.tgz Not really a patch, but a patched version of 'vttest', a tool for testing the correct interpreting of the vt100 codes by your terminal. The patch was needed to get it to compile. Be warned; it won't work 100% since it uses some obsolete unsupported system-calls. Found the original file at Ralf Brown's site (the man who wrote the Ralf Brown-interrupt-list).
- zcip - zcip is a daemon which automatically configures your network including an IP-address in a way as defined here. This method is compatible with windows and MacOS. Anyway, I wrote a patch which disables setting the default-route: zcip-4.nodefroute.diff.gz. The following patch not only contains the previously mentioned patch, it also contains code for a simplified "become daemon"-process, a fix for seed_rng() which would sometimes fail and code that stores the last used IP-address in a file (and reads it back when restarting). The patch: zcip-4.diff.gz
- clrngd.tar.gz - this patch adds code to clrngd so that it will fork itself into the background. This tar-ball also contains a Makefile (the original distribution did not). clrngd, by the way, is a daemon which adds entropy to the kernel entropy-driver-buffers which it creates by looking at the differences between several clocks in your workstation/server
- dircproxy-1.0.5.diff.gz - this patch adds code so that you can specify the adapter to which dircproxy should bind to; good for security!
- motion-3.0.5.diff.gz - this patch adds a configuration parameter "syslog" to motion. If enabled, motion will then log in syslog when it starts up, exits, when it detects motion and when errors occur. This patch also fiddles with socket-fd's so that you no longer get this annoying bind-problem ("socket already in use") when starting motion very quick after stopping it. Also a small performance improvement was made. Solved a problem when using certain versions of GLIBC, it would not create directories. This was caust by incorrect usage of sprintf(). Furthermore: set temporary buffers for filenames to correct max. size (PATH_MAX) instead of 255.
- ftplib-3.1.diff.gz - ftplib 3.1 contains a problem that when an interrupt occurs (like a signal) during I/O to the ftp-server on the other end, communication may fail. This patch solves that.
- identd.diff.gz - A patch against Fake Identd v1.7 which fixes a bug in the daemonizing-process, fixes the error-handling, adds errorhandling and fixes a bug when the select()-call failes. Oh, it also adds a makefile.
- wtail-0.1.4.diff.gz - Patch against wtail-0.1.4: now key checks occur at the same time as the checks for new data in the file giving a quicker response to keypresses. Also, at the start not the whole file is being read and displayed, only the data that would (+/-) fit on the screen: VERY usefull when using on a file of a couple MB through some wacky telnet-connection!
- wtail-0.2.1.diff.gz - same patch as the one mentioned above. This one is against version 0.2.1 of wtail. You might be interested in multitail: same thing as wtail, only faster, has terminal-resize and color-support.
- smstools-1.8.0.diff.gz - patch against SMS Server Tools v1.8.0. The program could fail while it was moving a file: if the destination-partition is, for example, full, bad things could happen (the program could ultimately crash). Furthermore, I changed some buffer-sizes to PATH_MAX so that they have the correct length for filenames. smsd did not check if a memory-allocation call succeeded or not.
- bzip2-1.0.2.diff.gz - patch against bzip2 v1.0.2. This patch implements a progress counter (in %). It also display the percentage of the original file the new file is (size).
- bzip2-1.0.2-v2.diff - Version 2 of this patch. This one handles files > 4GB as well. Modified by Justin Binns.
- ipfm-0.11.5.diff.gz - patch against IPFM v0.11.5: added html-output (automatically if filename ends in .htm(s)), couple of small optimalisations and a fix which prevents unmounting problems when ipfm isn't started from the root-partition
- tcpsg-0.0.2.diff.gz - patch against TCPSG v0.0.2: one can now give the filename for the configurationfile to use without patching the sourcecode
- ample-0.4.0.diff.gz - patch to Ample: mp3 list is loaded at start, not when a client connects (to prevent timeouts when loading huge lists), adds an intro mp3-file to every new connection (intro=/path/to/file.mp3 in configuration) and a commercial (commercial=/path/to/file.mp3 and commercial_interval=number_of_seconds)
- coreutils-5.2.1_dd.patch.bz2 - adds progress output to 'dd'
- pgn-extract-0.15.diff.gz - adds a '-Wphalg=[PNBRQK]' to pgn-extract: this switch is like -Whalg but with a character in front of the move telling what object-type was moved (rook, pawn, etc)
- smstools-1.16.1.measure.patch.gz - patch which enables smstools to write the measured signal strength to a logfile
- atop-1.15.patch.gz - patch against atop which makes the screenredraws a lot smoother
- nagwatch-0.2-notification.diff.gz - patch agains nagwatch v0.2 which makes it only display services/hosts which have notifications enabled
- pink.diff.gz - patch against the Pink IRC bot so that it keeps it mysql connection when a channel is idle longer then the mysql timeout
- icsDrone-1.5.0.patch.gz - patch against icsDrone v1.5.0: this version would mangle castling when the "long move notation" was enabled (which is required for POS 1.4)
- inotail-buffer-size.diff.gz - patch against inotail which makes it use the optimal buffer size for I/O on the filesystem in which the file to be tailed is located
- snts-1.0.4-timerbug.diff.bz2 - sntsd would sometimes not run because a structure was not correctly initialized, this patch fixes that
- nrpe-2.11-AIX.diff.gz - patch to make the Nagios NRPE agent compile under AIX (using the GNU-C compiler)